Play has been an interesting concept for me and Ollie to grasp together. I've read books and even have these fabulous things called Brain Boxes from my cousin Devon's work (if you haven't heard of the book 'Bright From the Start', I highly recommend it!). And yet I find myself thinking "Isn't he bored of the same stuff???" What I have come to realize is that it is more likely that I am the one bored. Because every morning when we start our first round of play, he is just as content and fascinated with the same set of blocks that he played with yesterday.
In addition to my adult (Gen Y) mind thinking that there isn't enough stimulation, it is also telling me I'm crazy. I'm crazy because if anyone were to walk in during the day you would think that Elmo's big sister 'Mommy' was in our house and that she was talking to the voices in her head. I have found that through out the day I have more conversations with myself and those conversations all start with me speaking in the third person. I have even begun to do this when having real adult conversations. (Yes, mommy would like a glass of wine.)
So does this mean I have done it, that I have officially entered the world of mommy hood? Or do I just now have a better understanding as to why Elmo and his ridiculous dialogue is making him so much money?
Now the question is, how can Mommy make some of that dough?? Mommy doesn't know. (And yes I really enjoy making rhymes now as well...)
As I try to figure that out and start to look into some big girl activities for me to join. Here are some pictures of our play!
| This is how play started. Piccadilly's involvement hasn't changed much. But Ollie's has expanded quite a bit! |
![]() |
| And I was worried about not having enough stimulation?! |
| The tangiball from one of Ollie's brain boxes! |
| Learning about reflections. |
| I like the lid! |
| Mommy puts the little things in the big thing. I'm not there yet. |

2 comments:
I am enjoying your blog Lisa! Keep the posts coming. Every time I read them, I think back (I barely can remember) life with only "playing" with one. Keep posting, love it!
I miss that little boy and our walks with P-Dilly. However, you gonna have to come out here...not going back for a while. :)
Post a Comment