Saturday, February 18, 2012

5 months

Ollie turned 5 months old yesterday!! There haven't been any major baby milestones since his last monthly posting.

But one milestone for mom is that we are feeling a little more comfortable in our daily happenings.  I am no longer taking an hour to prepare to leave the house.  And the hour it use to take me was mostly mental preparation.  Here is how my internal thoughts went:

  1. "We really need grocery's."
  2. "Do we really need grocery's?"
  3. "I'll have to take the dog out."
  4. "When was the last time Ollie ate."
  5. "I'll have to put a bra on."
  6. "I should probably change out of my yoga pants, I think there is spit up on them."
  7. "What will I do if he has a break down when we are out?"
  8. "Are people going to ask me over and over if he is cold?"
  9. "Where is the sun located, will it get in his eyes?" (Serious. No joke.)
  10. "Will I be able to do what I need to do in under 2 hours."
  11. "I should probably feed him one more time."
  12. "Yes, we still need groceries."
And eventually I would make it out the door. And then say a little prayer that he wouldn't start crying as soon as I put him in the car.  Now, he is enjoying playing with his toys on his own and really loves his exersaucer! So I get to get ready without having a screaming baby before I even start to put him in his carseat.  And he is actually enjoying car rides now! 

His enjoyment of car rides may be helped by his new minivan.  Ryan and I took the plunge into the minivan world on Valentines (so romantic, I know).  We bought the Toyota Sienna and so far have enjoyed the extra space.  I'll post a full review and pictures later when we've broken it in a little more!

But without further ado...

We're doing this again??

This is more fun!

Does this Boppy make my thighs look big?

Please, don't take my Sophie away. 


Piccadilly is silly!

No comments: