Sunday, January 22, 2012

Howdy Austin!

Ollie had his first flight this past weekend to Austin, TX! The trips main purpose was to visit with his Auntie April.  But it was also a great excuse for me to dive into traveling with a child.  And I have to say we rocked the trip.  Both in the actual flying part of the trip and rocking Austin the city!

Ollie did a spectacular job on the flights.  I had 2 great pieces of advice: 1.) wear him with a baby carrier and 2.) feed him on the take off and landing.  That was pretty much all we needed and I had a quiet baby for the flights.  We did have a melt down at the end of our final leg home.  The door had been opened and people were leaving the plane, but Ollie felt they were not moving fast enough and voiced his opinion.  He calmed right down once we also were moving off the plane.  So I am feeling pretty confident going into our trip to Hong Kong.  If I can do 4 hours of flight time alone then 17 hours of flight time with 4 adults should be no problem, right?!

The more exciting part of our trip was getting to visit with Auntie April in her new hometown! Austin was amazing.  Well I should say, Austin's food is amazing!  Ollie enjoyed all of the outside time as we walked through Aprils very fun and hip neighborhood.  We walked to get all of the many meals we ate and we also enjoyed a train ride through the park.

This trip like many others I have had with April always makes me feel so content.  It's something that is hard to describe when you have a friend like April in your life.  To know that no matter what is going on you can always count on that friend to comfort you, to laugh with you, to share with you as an equal.  April is one of those friends who's resiliency astonishes me.  And she is always considering others.  Ok, Ok.  Enough mushy...here are some pics!
Our first taste of fried avocado! And the food trucks!
yummy.

On the Zilker Zyphyr train.

Something really ticked him off here.
Once we turned him around and he got to talk to the ladies in the background
he was all better.

Philosophizing 

I like to suck on your face! 

Morning quiet time.

Our little papa smurf!

Out for sushi with his ladies!

Back at Auntie Aprils house.

Torchy's Taco.  AMAZING!!!

And of course no trip is complete without a stop for cupcakes.  

No comments: