Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mommy Shenanigans

At the end of our trip to the South, I went on a mommy only trip to Austin for my birthday weekend.  My parents were amazing and watched not only my very active baby but also my very active dog while I went and had some fun adult time.

It was a wonderful long weekend away!  I, of course, was visiting April and I was lucky enough to have 2 other wonderful friends, Brian and Tiffany, come out for their annual Austin visit on the same weekend!

Once again this trip was all about eating!  I can't get enough of the food in Austin and have begun to crave it!  This trip did not disappoint. From a day of eating BBQ, to sushi, fried deviled eggs, amazing mexican food and beyond.  My stomach looked like I was 6 months pregnant by the end of the weekend.  No joke.

We also enjoyed some local culture.  On our first night we went to a 'quote along' showing of 'Zoolander' which was fabulous.  And the next night went to a outdoor theater to see 'The Sound of Music'.  It really was a wonderful time with great friends in an amazing city!

I can't wait for the next adventure to Austin!

April and me with our 'Zoolander' props!

Nutella with chocolate covered pretzel milk shake...
Amazing!

My free birthday cookie.
The guy taking our order also was born on 4 Aug and the guy behind us also shared our birthday!
Crazy! 

Meat!

We got to go on a pit tour at Blacks.
So neat and hot. 

The meat eaters.  

A dip in the spring (freezing!!) before 'Sound of Music'

I got a birthday piñata! 

Which became birthday hats after I demolished it!

Ice cream cake!! 

Best picture of blowing out candles I've ever seen.
Photo credit to Megan! 

Brian being serious.  

No comments: